Monday, July 28, 2014

Book Review: Functional Thinking: Paradigm Over Syntax



Book Review:  Functional Thinking: Paradigm Over Syntax by Neal Ford: Publisher- O'Reilly: ISBN- 13: 978-1449365516


Functional Thinking: Paradigm Over Syntax is supposed to be a book about paradigm shift, about thought process of being functional but completely failed. The book starts with assumption that reader knows about Functional Programming. If a user knows about Functional programming then why will he be interested in this book?

Just an example, book repeadly uses term High Order functional but at least till chapter three there is no explanation about the same. After chapter three, I lost my patience.

Disclaimer: I did not get paid to review this book, and I do not stand to gain anything if you buy the book. I have no relationship with the publisher or the author. I got electronic format of book from publisher for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment