Friday, April 11, 2014

Release Management and Agile way of working


Recently while talking to my friends who are in Release Management business, everyone had very good review about Agile. But when we started Agile in Release management, everyone agreed that for release management, Waterfall is only solution. Even I agreed to the proposition.

But yesterday night, when Hypnos (Goddess of sleep) eluded me, suddenly Release Management and Agile started wandering in front of my eyes.  Do really Agile and Release Management are two different species which has nothing in common? I started thinking in different angle.  

Is actual process of release not equivalent to run time of a software product?

Release is an execution of Release Plan. Now the question is: Is Agile applicable in making Release Plan. Answer is profound YES.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment