1. Bigdata trend will keep gaining strength in both spheres – Batch & Real time. But too many tools may kill momentum.
2. SAAS and PAAS will prevail for the small and big enterprise.
3. IAAS will thrive in enterprise data centers (Private Cloud).
4. Industry specific cloud platforms will rise to cater regulatory and vertical-specific needs.
5. Fragmentation and Alternatives of Java and Enterprise Java (like Apache harmony, and Spring) will emerge stronger and official java from Oracle will loose its sheen due to lust for its monetization by Oracle.
6. 3D printing will start making penetration into consumer market which will take a heavy toll on mass manufacturing based economies.
7. Indian IT workforce will shift from permanent job to contractual jobs like in the USA.
8. Artificial intelligence will be new playground of software developers.
9. Outsourcing of IT industry will change from India focused to 2I + 1 (2 location in India and one elsewhere).
10. Digital currencies will impact financial markets in a big way.
11. Applications will be pervasive in devices and appliances like phones (mobile and fixed line), TVs, automobiles, refrigerators, disk (CD/DVD/BlueRay) players, and any computing device.
12. Fragmentation of Internet - There will be walls around country or region specific internet.
13. Rise of china based technology companies.