Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What Facebook can do to be successful in search

1. Keep search confined to Facebook first, once technology matures extend it to other social platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.

2. Roll out something similar to Google Analytic. In my view Google Analytic in bigger source of info for Google that Googlebot. To support this view about Google Analytic, I do not have any data but when I was analyzing the data from Ghostery abbot my browsing habits (not only me I got data for few of my friends and family members) I realized close to 90% of web sites are reporting data about users and site itself to Google. Google has resident spider at 90% of web. Disclaimer: My family and friends are mostly from USA and India.

3. Tie up with top blogging platforms (Alas! Blogger is already in Google’s lap). Wordpress, LiveJournal, TypePad, etc. are still available.

4. Make search plugin available in open source as well as proprietary content management systems.

4.5 Penetrate Wikipedia search.

5. Make SEO industry around Facebook search.

6. Roll out search in Apple, NetFlix, Hulu and similar closed environments.

7. Roll out search in mobile world (tie up with Apple & Microsoft)

8. Once most of the pearls in string in place, launch frontal attack on Google

9. Launch enterprise search

Above all of this, keep search pages clean and API stable.

I love to see competition in search business which is highly tilted at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment